Call us +91 9611116888
Tiptur is a town in Tumkur district in the Indian state of Karnataka.
Tiptur is famous for its copra. There are several educational institutions in Tiptur. These Institutions have produced many engineers, scientists, and doctors.
Honnavalli is a village headquarters 10 miles north west of Tiptur in Tumkur District. Honnavalli was the taluk head quarters until 1886. The history of the village dates back to eleventh century. It was built by one Someswararaya who belonged to the Harnahalli Nayak family. The legend goes that 'Honnu Amma' the family deity of the Pallegar appeared in his dream & directed him to build a model village in her name. Even today 'Honnavalli Amma' is the village goddess.
How did the village get this name? There are several legends:
Historical Places in Tiptur Taluk.
Aralaguppe Aralaguppe is a small village in the Tiptur taluk. Aralaguppe is considered the 'museum of temples.' The Kalleswara and Chennakeshava temples, dedicated to Lord Shiva and Vishnu respectively. They are built by Nolambas and Hoysalas respectively.
KOTE SRI ANJANEYA SWAMY TEMPLE, TIPTUR t is one of the oldest temple in the tumkur district. It is believed that Sri Vyasaraja Guru ( Guru of Sri Krishnadevaraya) constructed the temple in the Krishnadevaraya Era. It is one among the more than 1000 Hanuman temples established by Sri Vyasaraja in the Vijayanagara Empire.
The temple is renovated but the idol of Sri Hanuman has the same power, bliss & attraction as it was earlier. It lies in the centre of Tiptur and usually is crowded on Saturdays.
SRI KEMPAMMA DEVI TEMPLE Sri Kempamma Devi is Preceding Deity for the town and surrounding 12 villages. The Temple is located at the center of the town and attracts crowds on Fridays where people perform "Vehicle pooja". The Goddess has been worshiped from century's by local palegaras and residents. The annual car festival is held in Chatira masa according to the Hindu calendar generally in the second half of April which attracts large crowds. The Goddess Kempamma is also known as Tipturamma.
SRI KALLESHWARA SWAMY TEMPLE The temple is located in front of the Kempamma Temple and it is "Panchalinga Kshetra". There are 5 lingas in the temple and the temple dates back to vijayanagara Period and there are "Viragallu" in the temple which stands as the proof for the era or period in which the temple is constructed. On the Holy Day of MahaShivarathri the temple is full and large numbers of devotees wait their turn to enter for Holy Darshan.
SRI MALLIKARJUNA SWAMY TEMPLE Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy temple is one of the oldest temples in the town. The temple was completed 100 years ago. Pooja and archana for Lord Mallikarjuna have been performed every day since its construction opening. This Temple was constructed by the Samaritans of the Singri family. The Temple consists of separate temples for Lord Ganesha, Goddess Bramaramba, Lord Subramanyeshwara along with his consorts, Lord Lakshmi Narayan, Lord Dattatreya and Navagrahas. The temple also consists of "Naga Devatha" idols which are deities for many families in the town. the Temple complex was also extended to have separate temple for Lord Sri Lakshmi Venkateshwara. The temple is one of the attractions of the town and usually be crowded in Mondays and in the month of December. Dr. Raj Kumar, an actor in Kannada films, used to visit the temple whenever he was in the Tiptur area.
Lakshmi-Narasimha Temple The present Nuggehalli in Channarayapatna taluk of Hassan district is home to two elegant temples dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Shiva, belonging to the Hoysala period. This place has a historical past dating back to the early 1246 AD, during which, Hoysala King Someshwara ruled the region.
Present day Nuggehalli was earlier known as Vijaya Somanathapura, an agrahara founded by Bommanna Donnayaka in the year 1246 AD. He served under King Someshwara. Nuggehalli chieftains belonged to the Pudur Vamsha (dynasty) and one of their titles meant that the chief was "Champion over thirteen kings."
Their genealogy dates back to Thirumalya, the son-in-law of Prauhda Devaraya of Vijayanagara. Further, it is an ancient place near which a Chola king is said to have built Jayagondeshwara temple to which King Vishnuvardhana gave some grants in the year 1121 AD.
Inscriptions The inscriptions found in the temples of Nuggehalli attribute the time and construction of the temples of Lakshmi Narasimha and Sadashiva as 1246 AD and 1249 AD respectively and to Bommanna Dannayaka during the reign of King Someshwara. The two temples are of very different type, but are of equal importance from the point of view of architecture. Both the temples are well preserved.
Sadashiva Temple This temple is an Ekakuta type, with a highly remarkable stellate mulaprasada having a completely original super structure. It is the most beautiful Hoysala nagara temple that survives today. It conforms to the nagara style architecturally with the presence of nagara and the absence of harantara recesses.
The whole temple stands on a platform, which is in conformity with the outline of the temple including the mulaprasada. A careful observation reveals that the tower above the mulaprasada is a little out of proportion.
A bhumija element of architecture is reflected in the tower and the original temple consisted of a garbagriha, a sukanasi, navaranga with porches and a Nandi mantapa. There is also a big hall with a shrine for the goddess, another hall on a lower level and a lofty mahadwara that exists today, were added to this original structure.
Lakshmi Narasimha This ornate Trikuta temple with its exquisite carvings, giant wall - shrines, friezes, an embellished tower and a sukanasi - all standing on a platform, are bewitching to one's eye. The central vimana only has the original tower while the other towers on the lateral vimanas are the latter additions made to the existing roof. The steps originally provided to the platform in the eastern section, is now enclosed by latter extensions of the frontal portion. Thus, it has lost its functional unity with the temple.
Three walled-shrines in the surrounding walls of the central vimana add to its splendour, enhancing the overall beauty of the temple. A cornice divides the outer walls horizontally. The lower portion is embellished with around 120 large wall images depicting anecdotes from popular epics of Mahabharata and other puranas.
Note:This Content copied from wikipedia.